The Velvet Forge Tactical Straight Razor is a unique straight razor. It is not the type which is usually used in professional barber shops or salons as it does not have an exchangeable blade technology that allows professionals to change the blade for every other person. Rather, the Velvet Forge Tactical Straight Razor is made for personal use and for those who take pleasure in shaving with a straight razor.
The Velvet Forge Tactical Straight Razor is made with ACRM-2 genuine stainless steel, a Japanese variety of steel that is corrosion resistant. It has a rounded exposure at the end of the razor and has dimensions of 6x3x1 inches with a blade length of 4 inches.
It has an exquisite design which indicates that the razor has upgraded to the fashion standards of this era. The color of the blade is matte black and not only is the holder colored, but the Velvet Forge Tactical Straight Razor is an all-black straight razor from the blade to the edge. The design and color are alluring to the eye.
The Velvet Forge Tactical Straight Razor is not an old-school straight razor that might be similar to the ones used by our ancestors. It is a classic instrument turned into something bold and wonderful. It is a luxurious tool for shaving due to its beauty. Moreover, the Velvet Forge Tactical Straight Razor comes in an attractive collectable leather carry case and a nice velvety tin box.
Moreover, the Velvet Forge offers an excellent customer service with its money back guarantee and professional stropping services. It proudly advertises its product as shave-ready.
Performance and Quality
With a measured hardness of 59-61 HRC, ACRM-2 is one of the most durable metals used in straight razors. This build makes the Velvet Forge Tactical Straight Razor one of the most enduring straight razors in the market.
Every product has its strengths and weaknesses, and so does the Velvet Forge Tactical Straight Razor. Let us have a look at the pros and cons of the Velvet Forge Tactical Straight Razor.
- The aesthetic nature of the Velvet Forge Tactical Straight Razor makes it a valuable item. Combining it with its beautiful packaging, it might prove to be a cherished gift for any man.
- Another benefit granted by the design of the Velvet Forge Tactical Straight Razor is that the rounded exposure at the end of the blade helps minimize the risk of cuts and nicks.
- The Velvet Forge Tactical Straight Razor has a durable build with corrosion-resistant stainless steel that holds a wear-resistant edge of the blade, which makes it last long into life if taken care appropriately.
- The ACRM-2 metal is durable but heavy. The heaviness hinders from the swift movement of the razor across the face, and care needs to be taken because if the blade is not held properly, it can hinge and cause a cut due to its sharp blade.
- It has also been observed that the performance of the razor gets dull after a few shaves, so stropping needs to be done regularly. Moreover, the grip can be slippery in water.