The Shimano Stradic CI4+ fishing reel includes some amazing new features. Lighter and stronger than the previous models the Stradic CI4+ Shimano reel could quite possibly be one of the best reels ever produced. This remarkable Shimano reel gives fishermen a remarkable fishing experience.
SHIMANO STRADIC CI4+ PRODUCT FEATURES
Shimano Stradic CI4+ is made of an extremely sturdy and resilient material. The Shimano CI4+ represents the latest generation of Shimano CI4 reels and is up to 250% stronger than its previous incarnation. This material is about over 150% stronger and over 20% lighter than the typical XT-7 graphite material that most reels are made of. Also, because CI4+ does not contain any metal, it is impervious to rust, making it an ideal reel for fishing in salty waters. The CI4+ is also reinforced with extra tough carbon fiber, further adding to its durability and resilience.
The Stradic CI4+ features the X-ship gearing giving this reel amplified cranking power. It is more powerful and efficient, thus requiring less effort to rotate the handle. This feature in addition to making the reel more powerful will also extend the gearing system’s shelf-life.
Moreover, a new concept of having magnumlite in the fishing reel has been introduced by Shimano in its CI4+ fishing reels. It makes the handle rotation lighter, giving the fisherman accurate handle control and better reel balance when retrieving the line.
The Stradic CI4+ fishing reel features 7-ARB stainless bearing. It is placed in all the important parts around the reel. These bearings support the spool, handle, grip, main and pinion gears, and line roller. It provides smoothness and support to all the critical components of the reel.
Furthermore, this reel has a gear ratio of 6:1 and the drag capacity is rated at 7kg, which is enough to fish 15 to 20lbs braided lines. The drag on this reel is accurate, smooth, and never faults.
The grip on the Stradic CI4+ is provided by a high-density EVA material. It adds lightness and comfort. The ergonomic design of the grips allows for extended periods of fishing using these Shimano reels.
- The Stradic CI4+ is super light, super smooth, super durable and rust resistant, making it an ideal choice for freshwater and seawater fishing.
- The propulsion line management system permits fishermen to cast further.
- The Aerowrap II provides a more even and better line lay that allows fishermen to take their next cast further and easier.
- The Dyna-Balance feature eliminates wobbles, providing a smooth fishing experience.
- Can be somewhat expensive
- The Stradic CI4+ contains a tiny anti-reverse lever positioned right above the rotor. It can make the operation of this reel a bit complicated especially for beginners.