Travel wallets are different from a regular, everyday wallet in the sense that most of them are built for on the go usage. They often come in unique shapes and styles that allow them to be discreet, making you less of a target when traveling in unfamiliar places. A good travel wallet will also include RFID blocking to stop any sort of identity theft or the theft of your sensitive credit card or passport information. Each travel wallet will usually feature designated slots for your travel essentials and some other room for smartphones and other accessories. I have looked into a number of different travel wallets and put together this guide in order to provide some thorough reviews that you can use to find the best travel wallet.
|Travel Wallet||Features / Review||Rating||Price|
|Alpha Keeper Money Belt||Best travel wallet, 7 RFID blocking sleeves, Several storage compartments, Elastic waist belt, Waterproof nylon||Check Price On Amazon|
|Lewis N. Clark RFID-Blocking||Adjustable cord for the neck, Durable composition with non-stick zippers, RFID blocking technology, Weatherproof, water resistant nylon prevents mildew and smells||Check Price On Amazon|
|Travelon Anti-Theft||Pockets that lock for added security, Removable LED light, RFID blocking card slots, Slash-proof compartments and slash-proof shoulder strap||Check Price On Amazon|
|Michael Kors Mk Jet Set||Silver toned accents, Accommodates checkbooks, ID cards, cash, credit cards and even smartphones, Strong zipper closure||Check Price On Amazon|
|Exentri Trifold Leather||7 unique card slots for organization, Easy access sliding slots for two most frequently used cards, Stylish, sleek 100 percent genuine leather composition||Check Price On Amazon|
Best Travel Wallet
Money Belt For Travel
Top Features of the Money Belt For Travel
When I am traveling somewhere new for the first time, one of the most important things to me is keeping my belongings safe. This is especially true when it comes to my money in the form of my credit and debit cards. After all, if my money was stolen, I’d be all but stranded in a strange place with no way to get around, so this is something I prioritize. The Money Belt For Travel has taken this into account with its 100 percent secure RFID blocking material. This material works to stop the transmission of the radio frequency chips that are often imbedded in passports and credit cards, such as the ones I own. This travel wallet does not just protect one card; it comes with 7 unique RFID blocking sleeves that allow me to protect each of my cards and my identification cards as well without having to prioritize the safety of one of the cards over the other. This is definitely the best travel wallet for protecting most of my assets on the go.
Great for Getting Through an Airport
Not only does the Money Belt For Travel work hard to protect both my identity and my monetary assets from theft while traveling, it makes it easier for me to get through airports and train stations. This is because of its comfortable nature that is totally hands-free and full of compartments. The Money Belt For Travel attaches on like any other fanny pack and keeps everything that I need close at hand. No more fumbling through an overcrowded carry-on bag full of books and music players and extra jackets; all I have to do is simply reach inside of this belt wallet where all of my important travel items such as my license, my passport, my credit cards and my plane ticket can be stored neatly inside for simple access. I do not even have to waste time digging in my pockets for a loose wallet. Everything that I need is attached to my waist. This leads me to my next point.
Perfect Amount of Space for Other Accessories
The Money Belt For Travel measures a comfortable size and has plenty of accommodations that allow me to store away any small item that I want to carry with me at all times. Opposed to a wallet that sits freely in my pants or jacket pocket, this unique style of travel wallet features ample space for far more than just photographs, credit cards and a license. The Money Belt For Travel has a number of zippered compartments: one smaller one on the front of the belt and a larger one in the center. Inside of the main compartment are two mesh inner pockets for keeping everything nice and organized. On the back of the Money Belt For Travel is a hidden pocket for keeping my most cherished items that I want to make as hard to access as possible for potential thieves. All in all, this belt holds everything from my smartphone, keys, money, random documents and so much more.
Sturdy, Convenient Composition
Finally, the Money Belt For Travel has a hassle free zipper mechanism on each zippered portion that prevents any snagging. It is designed to be lightweight and comfortable with its adjustable elastic waist that fits my waist excellently and can be adjusted to fit virtually any size. It is made from sturdy, water resistant nylon which is great for taking out in inclement weather, and it features a breathable mesh back that helps ensure my comfort.
- 7 RFID blocking sleeves
- Elastic waist belt
- Several storage compartments
- Waterproof nylon
- Plastic zipper pulls. While some may prefer metal zippers, I am not put off by the plastic zippers on the Money Belt For Travel. They are heavy duty and thick, making them super simple to grab onto in a hurry. They are also every bit as sturdy as a metal counterpart is and actually aid in the light weight of the travel wallet.
Lewis N. Clark RFID-Blocking Neck Stash Anti-Theft Hidden Wallet
Top Features of the Lewis N. Clark RFID-Blocking Neck Stash Anti-Theft Hidden Wallet
RFID Blocking Technology
Fretting over whether or not my money and identity is safe while traveling abroad or simply traveling anywhere new is a surefire way to ensure that I spend most of my trip anxious and unable to enjoy the scenery and culture around me. With the Lewis N. Clark RFID-Blocking Neck Stash Anti-Theft Hidden Wallet, I don’t have to concern myself over that anymore. This is a modern, hidden neck wallet that I can keep close to me at all times. This wallet is crafted with RFID-blocking technology that secures my assets on the go, protecting my identity and my credit and debit cards from any sort of electronic pickpocketing that is so common these days. Armed with this knowledge, I am able to enjoy my trips to the fullest.
Another thing that I check for when determining the best travel wallet for me is durability. After all, I can’t feel secure during travel if I am afraid that my new wallet is going to burst at the seams and send my belongings flying, or allow my cards to slip out of their places while I am walking around. The Lewis N. Clark RFID-Blocking Neck Stash Anti-Theft Hidden Wallet is made out of a rip-proof nylon fabric that feels nice and thickly cut in my hands. This travel wallet also comes with self-repairing zippers so that I am never having to stop what I am doing to tug and fumble with a stuck zipper in order to access my things. Even with its durable composition, it is still impeccably lightweight and goes unnoticed by me most of the day, which brings me to my next point.
Slim and Secure
The Lewis N. Clark RFID-Blocking Neck Stash Anti-Theft Hidden Wallet is designed to slip underneath my shirt to keep it out of view while also keeping it conveniently close at hand. It features an ultra thin design that does not protrude from my shirt, no matter how thin of a material it might be made from, helping to keep the stealthy, low profile look that ensures me that my things are protected without letting the presence of my wallet be known.
Perfect for Any Type of Weather
Not only is the Lewis N. Clark RFID-Blocking Neck Stash Anti-Theft Hidden Wallet super secure and durable, it is perfect for taking to any sort of travel destination, no matter the weather. It has a special TravelDry fabric composition that keeps away any sort of moisture that might cause mildew or unwanted shrinking if left wet for too long. By way of this, the Lewis N. Clark RFID-Blocking Neck Stash Anti-Theft Hidden Wallet also resists unappealing odors that fabrics often get when they become wet. I like to know that all of my belongings inside are protected, and it also helps to keep me comfortable while navigating a wet area as I don’t have a heavy piece of fabric weighing me down.
An Assortment of Accessory Compartments
The Lewis N. Clark RFID-Blocking Neck Stash Anti-Theft Hidden Wallet also comes with divided up compartments for keeping everything in its own designated location. There are pockets designed for my coins and cash, phone or music player, travel documents, a sleeve for my passport and a clear area on the front that has my ID out and ready to go.
- Adjustable cord for the neck
- An array of compartments for organizational purposes
- Discreet, under-the-shirt neck wallet with a slim, low-profile design
- Durable composition with non-stick zippers
- RFID blocking technology
- Weatherproof, water resistant nylon prevents mildew and smells
- Roominess. The Lewis N. Clark RFID-Blocking Neck Stash Anti-Theft Hidden Wallet does not have extra room for things like many electronics and the like, but this is hardly an issue for me. When I am traveling and navigating a new city, I only want to keep the bare essentials on my person. The rest can be enjoyed in my hotel room.
Travelon Anti-Theft Cross-Body Bucket Bag
Top Features of the Travelon Anti-Theft Cross-Body Bucket Bag
Cannot Be Cut into
One truly unique and thoughtful aspect of the Travelon Anti-Theft Cross-Body Bucket Bag is something that I feel other travel wallets have not taken into account. This travel wallet comes with a material that is so strong and durable it cannot be slashed open at all. This durable material covers the entire Travelon Anti-Theft Cross-Body Bucket Bag from the actual pouch with compartments to the strap itself, making it so no one can try and catch me off guard and simply cut this bag off of me and run off with my belongings. This bag also can connect to a chair or a post with ease, and the cut-proof shoulder strap will keep it in place for as long as I am seated at the table or any other similar furniture. This is definitely the best travel wallet in terms of innovation. After all, what good is RFID blocking if someone can simply cut my bag away from me and run off with my cards anyway?
RFID Blocking Technology
The inability to cut the Travelon Anti-Theft Cross-Body Bucket Bag certainly fortifies the bag overall with the RFID blocking technology offering me an additional layer of protection. When the potential thief realizes that taking my bag by force is not an option and attempts to gain access to my cards or personal identity through the RFID radio chip, he or she will not be able to do that, either. Each of the slots available for me to slide my credit cards and identification cards into is complete with RFID blocking technology. This allows me to stop any sort of theft on a number of my cards so I do not have to choose one card over the other in terms of which one I feel needs the most protection, giving me a great peace of mind.
The Travelon Anti-Theft Cross-Body Bucket Bag comes with pockets on the front and the back. As I have mentioned previously, the slash-proof material covers every external inch of the Travelon Anti-Theft Cross-Body Bucket Bag, and these pockets are included. Not only do they resist any sort of item that might attempt to cut open my bag, these pockets can be locked fully. The main compartment in the center can also be locked! Honestly, this bag is way more trouble than it is worth for any thief to even try to steal it. Without the ability to slash it open or unlock it in the rare event that they do somehow get their hands on my bag, they will not even be able to access its contents, giving me plenty of time to cancel my card services due to fraud and prevent anyone from stealing my identity.
Extra Mesh Expansion Pockets
Finally, the Travelon Anti-Theft Cross-Body Bucket Bag comes with a few additional features I want to touch on briefly. This travel wallet features two expansion pockets that are made out of mesh. These mesh pockets expand enough to allow me to carry a water bottle and even an umbrella with ease. This awesome travel wallet also includes a removable LED light for use in situations that might require quick access to a light, providing me with everything I need in order to travel with a sense of security.
- Pockets that lock for added security
- Removable LED light
- RFID blocking card slots
- Slash-proof compartments and slash-proof shoulder strap
- Two mesh expansion pockets that can accommodate an umbrella and a water bottle
- Non-discreet. While the Travelon Anti-Theft Cross-Body Bucket Bag does not slip under the shirt or rest against the waist to be discreet, it is lockable and slash-proof, so it does not really matter if people can see it or not; no one is getting inside of this durable, tough and protective bag.
MICHAEL Michael Kors Mk Jet Set Travel Leather Continental Wallet
Top Features of the MICHAEL Michael Kors Mk Jet Set Travel Leather Continental Wallet
Genuine Leather Composition
Some of the issues that I have with other travel bags is the fact that they are durable and reliable, but they are often not very attractive. With the MICHAEL Michael Kors Mk Jet Set Travel Leather Continental Wallet, I get to enjoy the best of both worlds! This striking, genuine Michael Kors bag is made out of a 100 percent Saffiano Cow leather that comes available in a wide variety of colors. Offsetting the color of the leather is gorgeous silver tone hardware that really gives this travel wallet a classy look. The MICHAEL Michael Kors Mk Jet Set Travel Leather Continental Wallet is certainly the best travel wallet in terms of style! It even has a beautiful wrist strap made out of the same color leather material for a striking look through and through.
Plenty of Interior Space
Many wallets that take a similar shape of the MICHAEL Michael Kors Mk Jet Set Travel Leather Continental Wallet do not tend to be very spacious. That is not the case with this wallet. Long and beautiful, it is as nice on the inside as it is on the outside. Fully lined inside, the MICHAEL Michael Kors Mk Jet Set Travel Leather Continental Wallet features an interior checkbook holder that comes complete with an ID slot for easy access to these two important things. There are also four interior slit pockets to assist me in the organization of my belongings, and finally, there are eight interior card slots located snugly within this travel wallet so that I do not have to leave any of my cards at home in favor of bringing another.
Durable and Convenient Zipper Closure
Another nice feature of the MICHAEL Michael Kors Mk Jet Set Travel Leather Continental Wallet is the thick, beautiful zipper that runs from one end of the wallet to the other side of the wallet for great protection. This zipper, while strikingly ornate, is also useful for opening the wallet whenever I need to access it depending on my needs. If I just need to reach inside to grab some loose cash, I can open it part way to help make my bag less accessible to a potential thief in passing. I can also lay it on a table and open it up flat, butterfly-style, in order to get a more clear and accessible reach to my belongings.
Fits a Smartphone
Finally, I enjoy that the MICHAEL Michael Kors Mk Jet Set Travel Leather Continental Wallet allows me to carry more items with me than just identification cards, credit cards, checkbooks and cash. This travel wallet has enough space inside to excellently accommodate a smartphone, music player or any other small item such as these in order to keep them with me wherever I go. All of my essentials can be found in one place with this handy wallet, letting me feel more secure than simply letting these valuables sit freely in a pocket that they can easily be swiped out of without me feeling it as I walk.
- Accommodates checkbooks, ID cards, cash, credit cards and even smartphones
- Crafted out of top quality, 100 percent genuine Saffiano Cow leather
- Silver toned accents
- Striking design available in multiple colors
- Strong zipper closure
- Price. The MICHAEL Michael Kors Mk Jet Set Travel Leather Continental Wallet is a bit pricier than some of the other travel wallets that I have reviewed. A popular brand, Michael Kors designer items are often held at a higher price point than their competitors, but this is because everything that they sell comes with such a high quality and striking design. This travel wallet is no different. If you are a fashionable person who wants their travel accessories to be as safe as they are beautiful, the MICHAEL Michael Kors Mk Jet Set Travel Leather Continental Wallet is for you and it is worth every penny.
Exentri Trifold Leather Wallet with Locking Device
Top Features of the Exentri Trifold Leather Wallet with Locking Device
Ultra Sophisticated and Stylish
If anything, the Exentri Trifold Leather Wallet with Locking Device has taught me that I do not have to own a long or bulky wallet in order to get the fashionable look that I want in my accessories. This travel wallet has been designed to provide me with all of my monetary essentials and look good doing it. It is ultra thin and lightweight, letting it feel like I am carrying nothing in my pocket whatsoever while being able to keep all of my crucial cards on my person. This travel wallet is made out of sleek, high quality, 100 percent genuine leather that has not become worn down or faded, even with my rather excessive use of it, letting me know I will be able to enjoy this travel wallet on my adventures for years to come.
Easy Access to All of My Cards
One of the best features about the Exentri Trifold Leather Wallet with Locking Device is its ability to hold an impressive amount of cards. I have several different debit cards connected to different accounts that I like to use individually to take care of the bill on specific items, so being able to carry them all with me is imperative to my convenience. This travel wallet holds up to 7 different card pockets, each with their own place for great organization and easy access. There is also a slot for me to insert my drivers license and I can access that just as swiftly. The Exentri Trifold Leather Wallet with Locking Device even comes with an extra pocket for me to hold onto my cash with as well, making this a convenient all-around travel wallet for keeping my assets available and on me at all times.
Discreet, On-the-Go Usage
The most unique feature about this Exentri Trifold Leather Wallet with Locking Device is the fact that it gives me convenient access to the two cards that I use the most frequently. This wallet has two special slots that are available to me where I can place either the two credit or debit cards that I find myself using the most, or I can slip my license into it along with another card for quick and convenient access without me ever having to open the designated card holder. These easy-slide access holders have really been a lifesaver, even when I am in my hometown and simply shopping at the supermarket; it saves a lot of time and energy fumbling to produce the right card at the cash register, not only making my time more efficient but also bettering the time of everyone around me as well.
Stainless Steel Locking Mechanism
Finally, the Exentri Trifold Leather Wallet with Locking Device has a stainless steel locking mechanism that is as stylish as it is beautiful. The steel contrasts with the genuine leather excellently for a truly sleek appearance. This magnetic clasp is located on the side of the Exentri Trifold Leather Wallet with Locking Device so that it does not jab me when I sit or bend a certain way. This is also a great idea for placement because the magnetic fields are separate from the rest of my cards. If a magnetic strip of a credit card is exposed to a magnet with the right amount of attraction, it can strip the card of its magnetic properties and render it useless, so this feature is much appreciated.
- 7 unique card slots for organization
- Easy access sliding slots for two most frequently used cards
- Stainless steel locking mechanism with separate magnetic fields
- Stylish, sleek 100 percent genuine leather composition
- Price. While the Exentri Trifold Leather Wallet with Locking Device is one of the more expensive options on this review list, it is for a good reason. This travel wallet is ultra thin and can fit discreetly into any pocket or bag. It has easy access ports that allow for swift and convenient usage to save time and effort, as well as 7 individual slots for other important cards. A magnetic closure keeps everything safely inside, and its genuine, 100 percent leather make up rounds off the travel wallet and gives it a polished look on top of everything else.
I chose the Money Belt For Travel as the clear winner due to its convenience. It sits discreetly at the waist and comes with an elastic band that secures onto any waist size comfortably. It also has 7 striking RFID sleeves for each individual card and a number of compartments for any travel accessories. Finishing it off is a waterproof nylon that keeps everything safe, making this perfect for the traveler spending a lot of time outdoors.
Benefits of Buying a Travel Wallet
– Portability. Of course, one of the most important things a travel wallet can offer is its ability to be taken with you anywhere, no matter what your travel destination is. Not having to worry about bulky purses and bags makes traveling light a breeze without you having to sacrifice your necessary travel items.
– Discretion. The second biggest benefit of a travel wallet is its ability to be stealthy. When traveling abroad or simply to locations where you have never been before, being safe is imperative. Having a discreet wallet that can hang from your neck and slip beneath your shirt, or be latched around your waist for easy access makes you less of a target for pickpocketing.
– Accessibility to pack important travel items. A good travel wallet will have dedicated spaces for all of your cards, identification documents, passports, and some even have room for smartphones and other accessories as well to keep your essentials close at hand.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Travel Wallet
– Durability. When thinking about purchasing a travel wallet, opt for something that is nice and sturdy. You should do this not only to ensure the long life of your purchase, but you also want something that will not tear with use and cause your items to fall out without you realizing. Finding something that is weatherproof also works to protect your essentials from water damage that might render them useless.
– RFID protection. Many travel wallets offer RFID blocking technology. This technology works to prevent any virtual pickpocketing in the form of someone stealing your credit card or passport information, as these objects also come with radio signal chips inside of them that can make them vulnerable for virtual theft.
Tips on How to Choose the Best Travel Wallet for Your Needs
– Consider how many card slots you will need, as well as taking into account the ability to carry passports and other essentials.
– Judge the value of the price you are paying in relation to the number of features and general accessibility you will have.
– Read reviews online such as the detailed ones written below to see how they have worked out for the real life people that have used them during their travels.