In order to make getting ready while traveling more efficient, your hair dryer needs to be small enough to easily stow away in your luggage without taking up too much space. While it does need to be small, it also should pack enough of a punch that your hair can be dried in a short amount of time with as much performance as you might get from your standard hair dryer at home. I travel a lot for business, so I have looked into several different travel hair dryers and given detailed reviews on them so that I can save you a little time when you are looking the best travel hair dryer.
|Travel Hair Dryer||Features / Review||Rating||Price|
|Conair Vagabond Compact||Best travel hair dryer, 2 heat settings and 2 speed settings, 1875 watts of power for intense heat, Cool shot feature for setting hair, Lightweight||Check Price On Amazon|
|BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium||Dual voltage, 1100-watt power, Can be used with European 220-volt outlets, Lightweight and tiny, Smooths hair and avoids heat damage through use of far-infrared heating||Check Price On Amazon|
|Wazor Ionic Ceramic||1000 watts of power, Includes cool button feature, Approximately half of the size of a standard hair dryer, Lightweight, quiet motor||Check Price On Amazon|
|BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium||1100 watts of power, 2 heat settings, Delivers a firm grip, Relatively quiet, Removable filter||Check Price On Amazon|
|Ionic Dual-Voltage||1875 watts of power, 69-inch long cord, Dries hair powerfully and swiftly, Cool burst button, Built-in ionizer resists heat damage||Check Price On Amazon|
|Revlon RVDR5010 Ionic||Cheap travel hair dryer, Cold shot switch for finalizing styles and setting hair, Concentration attachment for detailed styling, Powerful heat||Check Price On Amazon|
Best Travel Hair Dryer
Conair Vagabond Compact 1875 Watt Folding Handle Hair Dryer
Top Features of the Conair Vagabond Compact 1875 Watt Folding Handle Hair Dryer
Powerful and Efficient
The Conair Vagabond Compact 1875 Watt Folding Handle Hair Dryer is a powerful little dryer. I have a lot of hair that is very long and just as thick, so standing in the bathroom for long periods of time just to dry my hair enough to style it is not something I want to do. This is especially true for when I take business trips. Often in the mornings I am rushing around and simply do not have time. Other times, I want to spend less time drying my hair and more time paying attention to other parts of my beauty routine. The Conair Vagabond Compact 1875 Watt Folding Handle Hair Dryer features 1,875 watts of power that dries my hair rather quickly, ensuring that no strand is left behind.
Compact, Folding Hair Dryer
The Conair Vagabond Compact 1875 Watt Folding Handle Hair Dryer is the perfect travel companion. It is small and weighs only one pound, making it easy to store away when I am not using it, to pack it into my travel bag without it taking up an unnecessary amount of room and, because of these things, it also makes traveling with it a breeze. The Conair Vagabond Compact 1875 Watt Folding Handle Hair Dryer features a folding handle that makes this already small and portable hair dryer even more compact so that I feel confident in my ability to bring it practically anywhere that I need to go. Opening the handle and closing it back is as simple as giving it a little push to click it in and out of place.
Two Unique Settings
The Conair Vagabond Compact 1875 Watt Folding Handle Hair Dryer also comes with two standard heat settings that make it simple to use. The first heat setting is a high heat that runs at a fast speed. This is the best choice for drying my hair swiftly and efficiently. The second heat and speed choice is low. The low heat setting is great for putting curls into my hair, straightening it out or otherwise styling it. I love that it includes both of these settings as I am easily able to get my hair looking how I want it to without spending an hour blowing through all of my hair.
Cool Shot Feature
After I have blown my hair completely dry and have it looking exactly as I want it to, I need to set it before I apply any spray or anything of the like. The Conair Vagabond Compact 1875 Watt Folding Handle Hair Dryer has taken that into account and has provided me with a cool shot button. This cool shot button works to provide a burst of cold air onto my hair to cool it off and keep it in place so that it doesn’t get bends and creases in it from me moving my head about. I can gain access to the cold air for as long as I press the button down.
Long Reaching Cord
Hotel rooms oftentimes don’t have the same outlet set up as I have at home. Sometimes I have to plug it into a weird place, causing me to stretch the short cords of a lot of my hair dryers to the max, which often means I am accidentally unplugging it and spending more time in the morning getting ready for my day than I am comfortable with or have time for. The Conair Vagabond Compact 1875 Watt Folding Handle Hair Dryer solves that problem with its professional length, durable cord. This power cord measures an impressive, approximate length of 5 feet which is plenty of room for moving around and giving my arm a full range of motion to reach all sides of my hair. This definitely makes it the best travel hair dryer for efficiency.
- 1875 watts of power for intense heat
- 2 heat settings and 2 speed settings
- Cool shot feature for setting hair
- Folding handle
- Professional length 5-foot power cord
- Two heat settings. The Conair Vagabond Compact 1875 Watt Folding Handle Hair Dryer does only feature two heat settings, and while perusing online reviews, I have noticed that a few reviewers liked the dryer but wished there were more settings. The two heat and speed settings are perfect for me though and do more than get the job done, so I wouldn’t consider it a downside.
BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium Travel Dryer
Top Features of the BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium Travel Dryer
Dual Voltage Dryer
The BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium Travel Dryer is an exceptionally powerful little hair dryer, especially considering its size. I’ll address that in a moment, but I will say that when I opened the package, I laughed aloud. Anyways, this hair dryer has dual voltage capabilities that make it as powerful as it is. It has a 1000 watt output that really delivers on the heat. It does not take me long to dry my long, super thick hair out, which might I add, is quite a feat. This saves me plenty of time in the morning when I am rushing to get ready or simply want to spend more time on other aspects of my beauty routine.
Compact Dryer with a Folding Handle
The BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium Travel Dryer is another travel hair dryer that features a foldable handle. This alone makes it easy to pack, to store in the closet or under the sink, and it makes it even easier to carry around. If that wasn’t enough, the BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium Travel Dryer is ridiculously compact. Like I said, when I took it out of the package, I laughed in disbelief that this dryer would actually be able to handle my hair because it is so small. When I say small, I mean that I held it up to a small can of soup and it was almost exactly the same size. I couldn’t believe it. Because it is so small, this also means that it is super lightweight, making it simple to carry around on any of my travels.
Natural Ion Emissions
The BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium Travel Dryer is unique in the way that it is made up of an infusion of pure gemstones. These gemstones are tourmaline crystals, and tourmaline naturally gives off millions of natural ions. The ion emissions work to naturally eliminate the static electricity that often comes with blow-drying my hair. Without me having to tame my static electricity after and during the drying process, my hair is left looking shiny and silky. I love that about the BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium Travel Dryer. I haven’t seen many other hair dryers that have this capability.
Protects Hair from Heat Damage
Not only does the BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium Travel Dryer completely take away that annoying static electricity to leave my hair looking healthy, it protects my hair from heat damage as well. It does this by using far-infrared heat that heats my hair in a different way than simply blowing hot air from coils does, as that hot air is often capable of drying out the strands of my hair and not just blowing it dry to get the water out. This far-infrared heating also seems to dry my hair much faster than coil based hair dryers, which just adds onto the efficiency and time saving capabilities of this BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium Travel Dryer.
Can Be Used in Most Countries
Finally, the BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium Travel Dryer has been allowing me to use it in several different European countries. As you know, most countries use a different voltage system than what the United States uses. By taking the BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium Travel Dryer with me abroad, I am able to place the voltage selector into the 220-volt position and use it at its highest capacity. Some other travel driers that I have done this with either shorted out completely or would not allow me to use them except for on the lowest possible setting, disabling the high heat because it could not handle the voltage. Because the BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium Travel Dryer allows me to use it anywhere, it is definitely the best travel hair dryer for overseas traveling.
- Can be used with European 220-volt outlets
- Dual voltage, 1100-watt power
- Folding handle for easy storage and carrying
- Lightweight and tiny
- Smooths hair and avoids heat damage through use of far-infrared heating
- Tourmaline crystals naturally emit ions that prevent static electricity
- Price. The BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium Travel Dryer has a moderate price point compared to other dryers, but since it is seriously tiny, powerful and uses a unique heating system and ionization, plus the fact that it can be used internationally, it is definitely worth the money.
Wazor Ionic Ceramic Mini Blow Dryer with Cool Button
Top Features of the Wazor Ionic Ceramic Mini Blow Dryer with Cool Button
Powerful and Compact
As always, the first thing that I look for in a new travel hair dryer is going to be its power. My hair is too thick, unruly and long for me to sacrifice power over anything else. The Wazor Ionic Ceramic Mini Blow Dryer with Cool Button is a powerful hair dryer that boasts an impressive 1000 wattage output. This provides me with more than enough heat and power in order to dry even the thickest parts of my hair thoroughly. This is the kind of power I would expect from a full size hair dryer, but the beauty of the Wazor Ionic Ceramic Mini Blow Dryer with Cool Button is that it is seriously around half of the size of a standard, everyday hair dryer that I might keep at home. It is compact enough that I can easily fit it into my carry on bag during a flight and still have plenty of room for other items that I might want close at hand.
The Wazor Ionic Ceramic Mini Blow Dryer with Cool Button also features two settings for usage. The first is the high setting. This is the one that I use to blow dry my hair when it is damp as it provides the most power and the greatest level of speed. The other setting, the low setting, provides less power, less airflow and less heat in order for me to style my hair right down to the last curl accurately and efficiently. Finally, the Wazor Ionic Ceramic Mini Blow Dryer with Cool Button features a cool shot button. This button releases cold air onto my hair to lock in the style and prevent any bends from forming while it is still warm and impressionable. This also helps to lock in the hairstyle that I have chosen, making the Wazor Ionic Ceramic Mini Blow Dryer with Cool Button a versatile hair dryer.
Easy to Clean
One of the most unique and convenient features of the Wazor Ionic Ceramic Mini Blow Dryer with Cool Button is its ability to be cleaned up easily. Many hair dryers that I have tested out are annoying at best when it comes to cleaning out the hair and dust. The thing about this travel hair dryer is that no hair gets caught in it at all. That’s right. The Wazor Ionic Ceramic Mini Blow Dryer with Cool Button features a double safety net that prevents any loose hair from getting sucked into the dryer. This not only makes it easier to clean, but it prevents any fears about posing a fire risk. When it does come time to clean this dryer, it has a removable lint filter that pops out and pops back in. It is as simple as that. This is definitely the best travel hair dryer when it comes to cleaning it.
Lightweight and Discreet
Finally, the Wazor Ionic Ceramic Mini Blow Dryer with Cool Button has a DC motor that weighs practically nothing. This allows the rest of the hairdryer to be lightweight and portable. It feels like I am carrying nothing in my bag when I tote this hair dryer around with me. This motor also has a low noise profile, which is great for when I occasionally have to share a hotel room with a sleeping coworker who I do not want to wake up.
- 1000 watts of power
- Approximately half of the size of a standard hair dryer
- Includes cool button feature
- Includes two heat settings and two speed settings
- Lightweight, quiet motor
- Removable lint filter; hair will not get caught in the hair dryer
- Included nozzle size. The Wazor Ionic Ceramic Mini Blow Dryer with Cool Button features a nozzle that screws right onto the lip of the hair dryer. I have seen a few reviews online that stated putting the nozzle on was difficult, but I did not run into that issue. It slid on easily for me, so I wonder if perhaps some of these reviewers were putting it on at the wrong angle. If you see such reviews, I would take them with a grain of salt.
BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Bambino Compact Dryer
Top Features of the BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Bambino Compact Dryer
If I am going to spend money on a travel hair dryer instead of simply lugging my standard, everyday hair dryer along with me for the trip, of course I want to take into account its size. One of the major benefits of a travel hair dryer, of course, is the fact that they are pleasantly compact and easy to carry. The BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Bambino Compact Dryer is super compact and lightweight. It measures a mere 0.6 pounds. This impresses me because a lot of other travel hair dryers measure an average of .8 pounds to 1 pound, so the BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Bambino Compact Dryer really did go the extra mile to ensure portability.
Small but Easy to Hold
The BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Bambino Compact Dryer, because it is so lightweight, is incredibly small and compact. It has the appearance of a mini travel hair dryer, but it does not feel that way in my hands at all. In fact, it gives me a durable and sturdy-feeling grip that does not feel as if it is too lightweight that it might slip out of my hand. It feels well made and is easy to maneuver around to ensure that I do not miss a spot, even in the thickest parts of my hair. Despite its size, the BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Bambino Compact Dryer even has a rather long cord that assists me in my full range of motion to create a more efficient experience.
Two Heat Settings
The BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Bambino Compact Dryer also comes with two heat settings, as most do. The first setting is a low heat that blows out warm air. This is the ideal setting for use when putting in curls, straightening or otherwise styling my hair after I have completely dried it. The high heat is better for blow drying damp hair straight out of the shower, and it is powerful enough on both the low and the high heat settings to efficiently do its job on either one.
Powerful on Both Heat Settings
Speaking of power, it is definitely worth mentioning that the BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Bambino Compact Dryer definitely has enough get-up-and-go behind it to thoroughly dry my hair no matter how wet it is when I begin the process. This travel drier delivers an output of 1100 watts, which is plenty of power to make efficient usage out of both of the heat settings available on this dryer. No matter which one I am using it on, I never have to worry if it is working at its most efficient; it takes no time at all to heat or style my hair.
Quiet and Easy to Clean
Finally, the BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Bambino Compact Dryer is rather quiet. I would not exactly call it a low noise hair dryer as I don’t think that this is what it was intended for, but it is much quieter than a lot of other compact hair dryers that I have used. Not only is it quiet, but it has a removable filter that makes cleaning the BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Bambino Compact Dryer a breeze. I don’t often have a lot of extra time to spend making sure all of my beauty and hair care items are cleaned thoroughly, so when I do get a chance to check on them, I like that it only takes me a few seconds to clean this unit out so I can get back to my routine.
- 1100 watts of power
- 2 heat settings
- Delivers a firm grip
- Relatively quiet
- Removable filter
- Weighs only 0.6 pounds
- Price. The BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Bambino Compact Dryer is definitely one of the more expensive travel hair dryers on my list. That said, it is worth every bit that you will spend on it. This is one of the best travel hair dryers out there as it is exceptionally lightweight and can fit into any carry on bag. I even think it could fit into a purse or handbag if you needed it to. It feels great in the hand and allows me ultimate control over where I am drying. It is simple to clean on top of it, so this is definitely a worthy investment.
Ionic Dual-Voltage Travel Hair Dryer
Top Features of the Ionic Dual-Voltage Travel Hair Dryer
Ionizer to Offset Hair Damage
One of the more unique aspects of the Dual-Voltage Travel Hair Dryer is that it works in a number of different ways to benefit the state and health of my hair. The first way comes in the form of its ionizer. This ionizer works by emitting negatively charged ions which offsets the damage of my hair from heat in general but also from environmental factors. I have noticed that it seemingly can also work to undo damage done from the heat of conventional hair dryers as it charges my hair. At the same time, the ionizing aspect of the Ionic Dual-Voltage Travel Hair Dryer reduces the static electricity that usually occurs with blow drying, leaving me with silky, touchable hair as a result.
Prolonged Use Improves the State of Hair
Speaking of the benefits that the Ionic Dual-Voltage Travel Hair Dryer can give hair such as de-frizzing and eliminating static electricity, it can stack on other benefits with prolonged usage. This dryer is definitely the best travel dryer in terms of hair health as it has improved the luster of my hair overall. It is shinier and healthier looking after just a few uses. I feel more confident having healthier hair as it generally looks better, so traveling around with this makes me feel better about mingling with new people I come into contact with. The Ionic Dual-Voltage Travel Hair Dryer also seems to have added incredible volume to my already thick hair, giving it a nice bounce and a full-bodied look which I love.
Helps Get Rid of Unwanted Odors
Something unique about the Ionic Dual-Voltage Travel Hair Dryer is the fact that it seems to take away unwanted odors from my hair when I use it as well. Environmental odors sometimes don’t have a choice but to cling to the hair, no matter how many times I wash it, especially when I visit places that have a lot of air pollution. The Ionic Dual-Voltage Travel Hair Dryer takes those away and also rids my hair of the smelly secondhand smoke that I am often exposed to from my friends and colleagues.
When the Ionic Dual-Voltage Travel Hair Dryer is folded, it becomes incredibly compact and easy to store and travel with. Packing it into a suitcase or carry-on bag is a breeze. When it is folded, it measures 3 inches by 7 inches by 3.5 inches which is impressive to me. It also features a 69-inch long cord which gives me full range of motion and is surprising to see on such a small hair dryer. This also makes it a wonderful addition to carry with me when I am staying at hotels, as some hotels don’t seem to have enough outlets to accommodate multiple people getting ready in the morning. I can plug the Ionic Dual-Voltage Travel Hair Dryer into a nearby outlet and step into the bathroom to use the mirror when this happens.
Dual Voltage Modes
Perfect for international usage, the Ionic Dual-Voltage Travel Hair Dryer comes with dual voltage: 125 volts and 250 volts. Accessing the different modes is as simple as flipping a switch. It also gives an impressive and powerful 1875 watts to dry my hair at impeccable speeds which is quite a feat when it comes to my long, thick hair.
- 1875 watts of power
- 69-inch long cord
- Built-in ionizer resists heat damage
- Cool burst button
- Dries hair powerfully and swiftly
- Dual voltages: 125 volts and 250 volts
- Folds into a size of 3 inches by 7 inches by 3.5 inches
- Provides greater volume, luster, and eliminates static electricity
- Rids the hair of smoke and other unwanted scents
- Price. The most expensive of all of the travel hair dryers I have reviewed here, the Dual-Voltage Travel Hair Dryer might make you feel a little iffy when you look at the price tag; I find that it is more than worth the price. This hair dryer has lasted countless uses. It comes with diverse voltage that makes it a true travel hair dryer as it can be taken internationally, and the wattage produced is impressive. It folds up into nearly nothing and has interesting benefits such as odor reduction that make this a unique dryer and one for the books.
Revlon RVDR5010 Ionic Travel Dryer
Top Features of the Revlon RVDR5010 Ionic Travel Dryer
Great for International Travel
If you love to travel but do not only do so domestically, you may be struggling to find a hair dryer that can be used internationally. Many say that they can but do not have the proper voltage to back it up. That isn’t the case with the Revlon RVDR5010 Ionic Travel Dryer. This travel hair dryer has a 220-volt option that allows me to use it in most countries all across the globe so that I never have to feel less confident in my looks while abroad. The dual voltage also provides a great deal of power, letting the Revlon RVDR5010 Ionic Travel Dryer take care of drying every lock of my hair in no time at all.
Ionizer Built Right in
One of my favorite things about this hair dryer is its ionizer. The Revlon RVDR5010 Ionic Travel Dryer works to emit negatively charged ions, and these ions are not only excellent in blocking hair damage from the heat of the dryer, they also work to eliminate static electricity. By taking away the static from my hair, I notice that my hair gets less frizzy during the day. Instead, the usual frizz that I experience seems to have been replaced with shinier, silkier hair that lasts all day long.
Lightweight and Small
Another important part of a good travel hair dryer is going to be its portability. The Revlon RVDR5010 Ionic Travel Dryer has taken this into consideration and has designed this blow dryer to be incredibly lightweight. This makes it simple to throw into my carry-on bag on a flight or simply stow it away in my checked bag as it hardly takes up any space whatsoever. The Revlon RVDR5010 Ionic Travel Dryer is also super compact as is, and when you add in the fact that the handle folds up, this dryer definitely becomes one of the better, more compact options when it comes to travel blow dryers on the market today.
The Revlon RVDR5010 Ionic Travel Dryer comes with 2 heat settings and 2 speed settings. The first setting is a low setting that provides warm air and is perfect for curling or otherwise styling my hair. The second setting is a high heat setting that blows hot air at a higher speed than the other setting. The latter is best for drying my hair when it is damp. There is also an airflow concentrator attachment that helps me style my hair more precisely which I thought was a very thoughtful feature.
Cold Shot Switch
Once I have finished styling my hair, the cool shot button on the Revlon RVDR5010 Ionic Travel Dryer can be engaged for as long as I need it to. The purpose of the Revlon RVDR5010 Ionic Travel Dryer’s cool shot button is to help finalize the styling process by setting it in. With the cooler air, it prevents my hair from getting dents and bumps in it while it is still warm and impressionable. This feature saves me a lot of time and frustration so that I don’t look in the mirror before leaving the house and see that I need to go back over it and style it again.
- Built-in ionizer reduces frizz and allows hair to shine
- Cheap travel hair dryer
- Cold shot switch for finalizing styles and setting hair
- Concentration attachment for detailed styling
- Dual volt modes make the dryer perfect for traveling internationally
- Powerful heat
- Two heat settings and two speed settings
- Noise. Some online reviewers of the Revlon RVDR5010 Ionic Travel Dryer stated that the air that is blown out of the dryer on its highest setting provides a lot of noise. I found that the noise level is permissible, as it sounds like any standard hair dryer. With all of its features such as its built-in ionizer, I definitely would not allow this noise to persuade a buyer against purchasing it. Plus, it is so inexpensive that the pros definitely outweigh this one minor detail that I would hardly consider a drawback, anyway.
I have chosen the Conair Vagabond Compact 1875 Watt Folding Handle Hair Dryer as the superior choice of travel hair dryers. The reason for this is the fact that, for once, it has a folding handle that makes storing it away for travel a breeze. It also comes with an impressive 1875 watts of power that gives me incredible heat. With two heat settings and two speeds, coupled with a cool shot button and a professional length 5-foot cord, this is the perfect travel hair dryer for those who need quick, efficient drying.
Benefits of Buying a Travel Hair Dryer
– Portability. The main benefit of a travel hair dryer is its size. A travel hair dryer is built to be lightweight and compact, something that can easily fit into a carry-on bag or checked luggage. These small hair dryers are also easily unpacked and stored out of the way in a hotel room.
– Power. As stated, while you want something small, you also want something powerful enough to get the job done. A good travel hair dryer will have a great wattage output of at least 1000 watts. This allows you to efficiently and thoroughly blow dry damp hair so that you can get on with the rest of your morning routine.
– Heat settings. Another feature that makes a great travel hair dryer is an adjustable speed and heat setting, which often comes in the form of a low and high setting. The low setting provides an easy stream of warm air for styling, and the high setting does the work of drying the hair. A cool shot button is also usually included for using to set the hairstyle.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Travel Hair Dryer
– Ionizer. Some travel hair dryers come with a built-in ionizer that emits negatively charged ions. These ions work to de-frizz the hair and add a luxurious shine by eliminating static electricity. Ions also protect from heat damage, so perhaps look into a dryer that features this.
– Folding handle. To make a travel dryer even more compact, consider buying one that features a folding handle. These handles tuck against the hair dryer to create an even slimmer, portable form.
– Dual voltage. If you frequently travel internationally or are planning to soon, it is a good idea to look for a globally compatible travel blow dryer. You can tell if one is going to work internationally by checking the voltage. If it has dual voltage with a capability of hitting 220 volts, you are all set.
Tips on How to Choose the Best Travel Hair Dryer for Your Needs
– Focus on a compact, lightweight build that still delivers remarkable power.
– Check on the price and make sure its value lines up with the performance of the hair dryer.
– Read reviews such as the ones I have written to get an idea about how your potential new travel dryer works in real life.