Finding the best sit and stand stroller can be a very time consuming task, here at Delicious we provide you with unbiased sit and stand stroller reviews to help you find what you need easy and conveniently.
|Sit And Stand Stroller||Our Review||Rating||Price|
|Joovy Caboose Ultralight||Excellent Unique Features Makes This Our Most Recommended Sit And Stand Stroller, Great Build Quality, Long Warranty Duration||Check Price On Amazon|
|Graco Roomfor2||High Quality Build, Sturdy And Well Designed, Less Warranty Than Competitors, Lacks Some Size And Comfort||Check Price On Amazon|
|Baby Trend Ultra Stroller||Baby Trend Are Industry Leaders, The Structure Of The Stroller Is Well Designed, Great Build, Perfect For Those On A Budget||Check Price On Amazon|
Best Sit And Stand Stroller
Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller
- Compact size, lightweight and easy to push and steer
- Designed for a second older child to stand or sit on the platform (caboose) situated at the rear of the stroller
- Comes with a Universal Car Seat Adapter which is compatible with 28 different car seat brands
- Front car seat position
- Canopy extension protects child seated in the rear caboose from sun and elements
- Rear caboose provides older children with independence as they can step on and off without having to be lifted
- Stroller material is durable 300D Polyester
- Size of stroller open 41.5 x 21.5 x 37 inches
- Size of stroller folded 10.5L x 21.5W x 41.5 inches
- Stroller weight is 21.8 pounds
- Minimum age for child is 3 months or Birth+ with Car Seat Adapter; rear seat minimum age is 2.5 years old
- Maximum weight of child is 45 pounds per seat for 90 pounds total
- Maximum height of child is 40 inches for front seat and 44 inches for rear seat
Deciding on the ideal baby stroller to purchase is a decision which should not be taken lightly since your child’s comfort and safety should never be compromised.
Featuring its compact and lightweight graphite colored aluminum frame, the Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller is made for two children of varying ages to ride simultaneously. It also gives older children the option to either sit or stand while going for a stroll. This feature provides the child with a fundamental sense of independence.
Not only is this unit rather lightweight when folded, but the Joovy Caboose Ultralight is incredibly compact for a double stroller, enabling you to easily store it in your home or in the trunk of an automobile. The inclusion of a universal car seat adapter allows this versatile stroller to fit together with most of the child car seats available on the market.
This stroller has a parent organizer which can hold two beverage containers and is equipped with a zip pocket for storing personal objects. The storage basket is big enough to hold a diaper bag or any other items of comparable size.
The four-wheel suspension and wheels with sealed ball bearings make for an extremely comfortable ride and give this stroller excellent in steering. When the stroller is not moving, there is a rear parking brake for safety purposes.
The Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller has a wealth of modern features which make it an excellent choice to consider for parents who have either one or two small children. It is a convenient, lightweight, compact and safe unit which provides children with a smooth ride.
Its ability to integrate a car seat also makes it exceedingly versatile in its use. With a list price of $250.00, it is one of the more affordable sit and stand strollers on the market.
- Lightweight and compact size when folded allows it to fit almost anywhere
- Offers all-around shock absorbers, a parent console, front seat child’s tray and single action brakes
- Versatile seating arrangement
- Easy to unfold and attach car seat
- Easy to access under seat storage area
- Budget price for sit stand stroller
- May not be the best option for all parents
- Not ideal for twins
Graco Roomfor2 Click Connect Stand and Ride Stroller
- Easily folded with one hand
- Capacity for two children
- Front seat which reclines in multiple positions and lies flat
- Allows child to sit or stand on padded bench seat
- Compatible with Graco SnugRide Connect & Click Infant Car Seat
- Tray for child with pivoting cup holder for easy entry
- Item dimensions are 42 x 21.5 x 40.5 inches
- Stroller weight is 26.5 pounds
- 50-pound maximum weight recommendation
- Constructed from polyester
- 2-step brake
- Large storage bin underneath seat
For those parents who are busy raising more than one child, it can be quite challenging to take them around for a stroll and to run errands simultaneously. The Graco Roomfor2 Click Connect Stand and Ride Stroller is well designed for those parents who have two young children accompanying them while having to get around. This two-seated stroller (one situated in the front and the other in the rear) can effectively transport two children weighing up to 50 pounds.
The comfortable front seat is capable of reclining and can also be adjusted to an all out flat position when it is time for baby’s nap. Your older second child can either sit on the sufficiently padded rear seat or stand on the platform for a more independent and adventurous ride. Furthermore, this unit is fully compatible with the Graco Classic Connect & Click Infant Car Seat.
The Graco Roomfor2 Click Connect Stroller can be easily folded and locked by utilizing just one hand, making it very well suited for both transporting and storing it. For a comfortable ride and enhanced steering, there is a built-in suspension system on the front wheels which swivel. For more consistent stability on rougher and uneven roads, the wheels can be locked, which prevents them from turning.
This stroller comes with an adjustable canopy situated over the front seat which protects your child from the harmful rays of the sun. There is an advanced harness system which is easy to attach and remove with adjustable crotch straps and a non-adjustable shoulder strap. For safety purposes, the stroller also features exceptionally smooth and effective double-action brakes.
This Graco Roomfor2 Click Connect Stroller is ideal if you have two young children to wheel around on a consistent basis. It will keep your kids close together, enabling you to keep a close eye on them while you go about your business. It is lightweight, very comfortable and easy to fold, transport and store. There are also cup holders, slots and a large basket beneath the front seat for carrying items. With its many features, this stroller provides quite a bit of value.
- Large comfortable padded seats
- Front seat reclines to multiple positions, including flat for naps
- Advanced braking and harness system
- Can easily be folded with one hand
- Front swiveling wheels and suspension system make it easy to steer and navigate rough terrain
- Features spaces to hold beverages and carry items
- Equipped with large canopy for protection from the sun
- Compatible only with Graco Infant Car Seat
- The rear axle unit is somewhat difficult to assemble
Joovy Caboose Graphite Stand On Tandem Stroller
- Compact size, lightweight and easy to push and steer
- Rear platform/bench seat permits your second older child to stand or sit
- Equipped with a Universal Car Seat Adapter which is compatible with many car seat brands
- Front seat reclines to 3 positions and is equipped with large sun canopy.
- Older children can step on and off rear caboose enjoying the ride
- 300D Polyester durable stroller material
- Item dimensions are 19.7 x 34.6 x 13.8 inches
- Stroller weight is 27.5 pounds
- Age range is less than 36 months
- 4 wheel suspension
- Linked parking brake
If you have two children who are of a different age, the Joovy Caboose Graphite Stand On Tandem Stroller offers the advantage of a double stroller within a single compact sized stroller.
The built-in platform and rear bench seat (caboose) permit kids to stand or sit while going for a stroll. This makes the unit quite practical, as it eliminates the need to attach an additional riding board.
Included with the Joovy Caboose Graphite Stroller is a universal car seat adapter which has your child looking your way so that they are always within your sight. Having both children within close proximity to you is very important in that you can watch and monitor both of them. The total weight capacity of this stroller is 90 pounds, with each seat being 45 pounds.
This unit is constructed from a graphite-colored steel frame which ensures durability after many uses.
Also, the front seat is adjustable to three separate positions, and there is covered with large canopy with a visor to offer protection from the sun or elements. The four-wheel suspension guarantees a smooth every time with, and the linked brake provides ample safety while the unit is parked.
Sold separately is the optional Caboose rear seat which turns the bench seat at the back of the stroller into a forward facing reclining seat. This optional accessory is effortless to install (and uninstall) and conveniently folds up simultaneously with the unit.
If you have two young children or are expecting a second child, the Joovy Caboose Graphite Stand On Tandem Stroller offers many features which are beneficial to your needs. This compact stroller allows you to keep a close watchful eye on both your children as you wheel them around.
Your older child has the luxury of standing or sitting at the rear of the unit, which gives them a sense of independence and maturity. The universal car seat adapter allows this stroller to be used with many car seat brands on the market. For the affordable list price, you will be hard-pressed to find a stroller with as many useful features.
- Compact folded size for easy storage
- 4 wheel suspension for a smooth ride
- Linked parking brake for safety purposes
- Front seat is adjustable to three positions
- Expandable with rear seat attachment
- Low list price of $150.00 for tandem stroller
- Noisy wheels
- Small storage basket
- Foot pedal brake difficult to disengage when wearing sandals
Baby Trend Sit N Stand Tandem Stroller
- Holds two children, either in two car seats or with the older child standing up or sitting in the rear
- Accommodates children up to 50 pounds each
- Large basket on the bottom for storage
- Equipped with parent and child cup holders
- Reliable parking brakes
- Fits a variety of car seat types
The Baby Trend Sit N Stand Tandem Stroller is an all-around good stroller that is perfect for a mom of two. Handling two children in public is hard and needing two different strollers is even harder, so Baby Trend has worked to create a stroller that makes your life a whole lot easier.
One of the features we like most about this stroller is the way it is built. It can let one child sit, and the older one stand when desired. In the back, there is a flat surface that allows the older child to remain seated, and with the platform added at the bottom, your little one can stand as well without compromising the movement of the stroller.
The only downside to this is that there is no safety belt in place for the child standing or sitting in the rear, so you will have to take extra care to ensure that no accidents occur.
Another significant aspect of this product is its versatility. There are many different ways to seat your kids in the stroller. If you have an infant that needs a car seat, you can either situate them on the back or front of the stroller. If you decide that you want the baby’s car seat in the rear to be closer to you, the older child can ride comfortably in the front.
It works the same in reverse, but the only difference is that the older child will have the chance to stand. There are also options to switch around the hardware of the stroller, such as moving the cup holders and shade to different areas of the stroller according to your needs.
If you are looking for a stroller that can comfortably accommodate two infant car seats at a time, this may not be the best option for you. Although the product states that it can, it won’t be comfortable for both babies. The car seat in the front faces toward the mother and the one in the rear will have to also. So, you will not be able to monitor the infant in the front properly.
If you want a sit and stand baby stroller that is reasonably affordable and can still fit two children, you will come across few options that can hope to match this product from Baby Trend. While there may be some minor flaws to this design, such as some uncomfortable possible setups, it is versatile.
Versatility is one of the more crucial aspects to search for in a baby stroller, as you won’t have to purchase separate specialized strollers as long as you can transform your stroller to match your needs.
- Fits two children
- Modular design improves versatility
- Relatively affordable price
- Some setups can be uncomfortable
- Individual wheel locks are inconvenient
What Is The Widely Popular Sit And Stand Stroller?
The name is pretty self explanatory. It can also often be labeled the Sit n Stand stroller. Your child can choose between sitting and standing with this stroller type, depending on their mood and energy levels. A younger child can sit in the car seat that is attached to the stroller. Once your children have grown up a bit into the toddler and pre-school age range, they can now utilize the standing platform and choose whether to ride, sit or stand. As a parent you will have a view of both the seat and standing platform and can monitor both with relative ease.
The main task of the Sit And Stand Stroller is to address children of multiple age ranges, often times when children grow, they will demand that their parents give them some independence, whilst they may think they are sure of themselves it frequently leads to issues with the parents being unable to monitor both the older child and the younger child at the same time. With the standing platform you can give the older child some independence whilst also making sure they are safe. With this you should see a reduction in temper tantrums and a much happier child.
The Sit and Stand design helped young children stay safe whilst also not cramping them into a seat that is beneath their age range and can feel very embarrassing for a child. With the standing platform they often feel much more grown up and excited to take days out with the parents.
The strollers come with two seats, the front seat which can have a car seat attached to hold a young infant child and a rear seat which is removable and can perform as both a platform for your child to stand on and a seating position, depending on the day, how tired your child is and their desires you can adjust accordingly.
With standard strollers you will run into issues with your child being very unhappy due to being cramped into a small seat and restrained there. The lack of options will give your child a nasty attitude and will make them frustrated. This will most likely lead to you having to carry the child in your arms, or spend hours arguing over the issue with no solution.
The multiple riding positions for your children has what made this the top choice with new parents. The flexibility allows you to accommodate your child’s preference and make sure they are the most comfortable and happy, whilst maintaining safety around them and keeping them protected.
Your older child can step off the stroller and choose to sit or stand when needed. Keeping a difference between the treatment of the older child and the younger child is important, as the older one will want some more freedom that his or her younger sibling. The element of freedom that is given to them is very powerful is making sure they are kept happy and do not feel like they are being treated similar to someone that is much younger than they are. Although you are giving them so much freedom, you also have a streamlined way to manage and look-over your children, as everything is located directly in-front of you and you no long require 6 sets of eyes to watch over your children.
The Different Types of Sit And Stand Strollers
Purchasing a higher end sit and stand stroller provides you with a few extra features other than just a basic seating and standing position for your children. You will often get some extras such as storage baskets, cup holders and removable trays.
The SAS strollers are created to hold two car seats with one child in each. Any variation of toddler, baby or older child can be accommodated in the sit and stand strollers and it is a very versatile piece of transportation equipment.
For those of you with a higher budget you can opt to go for a deluxe edition, giving you a lightweight yet sturdy build, giving you more maneuverability through tough crowds and uneven terrain.
To save you money and time searching for car seats, some strollers will come with a detachable car seat included, so you can complete two purchases by only buying one stroller and save you time and money.
Many strollers will come with rain, wind and sun protection. Mesh canopies are sometimes included to keep your child safe and often times you can obtain see through canopy for rain and wind protection.
Some strollers will come with detachable parts and wheels, so you can store the stroller away for when it is not needed easily and into a small compact space.
A few strollers can be converted completely into a smaller standard stroller, if your child has grown out of the standing platform and you only have use for one child, then you can opt to do so.
With a sit and stand stroller you gain the following:
- Stylish Build
- Very Versatile
Benefits of Owning a Sit and Stand Stroller
As a owner of a sit and stand stroller you gain extra benefits on top of those that you would have with a traditional stroller.
- Very Convenient – You can transport 2 children at once and can watch over both of them at the same time.
- Happy Children – As your older child can have more freedom they will be much more happy and give you less attitude making your life easier.
- Storage – You can carry extra storage in the stroller such as purses, wallets, bags and baby necessities.
- Comfort – The strollers are very comfortoble to sit inside, stand and to be manuevering.
- Operate with one hand only – You can fold many of these strollers up with just one hand.
- Bond with both children – You can bond with both children at the same time whereas before you would be dividing your attention unevenly.
- Easy maneuvering – The swivel wheels making moving around very easy with the sit and stand stroller even with 2 children inside
- Easy to convert– You can conver the stroller to 1 seats, 2 seats, standing and 1 seat or just 1 seat on its own very easily. Making it extremely versatile.
Some Considerations Before Purchasing A Stroller
Before you opt to purchase a sit and stand stroller, we recommend you look at this check list to make sure you are making the correct choice.
Weight– Choosing a heavier and more well built stroller is better for those of you using it fairly often, otherwise a cheaper and lower quality build should be chosen.
Versatility – Is the stroller going to offer you enough versatility to justify the cost expenditure? A model that can be used from infancy through those pre-school years can be very convenient.
Mobility– You do need to test the model before buying it. The wheels should be able to roll and swivel without unnecessary hesitation.
Braking system– Just like a car a good stroller will be equipped with brakes.
Size– Will the sit and stand stroller fit neatly into your car trunk, mini-van or closet?
Wheels– Larger wheels will often give better performance value to any stroller.
Approval– has the stroller received the stamp of approval from an organization such as Juvenile Products Manufacturers’ Association?
Harness/Lap Belts– are these safety measures meeting the highest standards?
Ratings– Study the consumer reviews and ratings that the sit and stand stroller has garnered. This will help you gain a better understanding of the product features and discover what parents really think about the stroller.
Child Weight Limit– Some of the sit and stand strollers can accommodate up to 80 pounds (40 pounds per child) and others will offer weight accommodations of 100 pounds (or more).
Ease of use– does the stroller handle easily whether kids are on-board or the seats are empty?
Height of Handgrips– Are the handgrips at a height that you find comfortable? Are they adjustable?
Special Features Of The Sit And Stand Strollers
Locking Mechanism– secure adjustment that will keep the infant car seat from falling or shifting.
Convertibility– use as a single stroller-convert to a tandem-then back to a single seat model as desired.
Travel System-many models offer the option of a factory-to-customer travel system. This means that you get the sit and stand design plus a specially designed infant car seat that is part of the package.
Child Friendly– these strollers are built to please active children who want a little more freedom. The strollers feature the rear jump seat as well as a platform to use for sitting or standing. More choices means happier kids.
Swivel Wheels– The wheels are designed for maximum maneuverability on a number of different surfaces.
Adjustable Handgrips– This makes it both comfortable and easy for a parent to push the stroller.